Updated: Jan 31, 2021
If you can think it up, it's already yours...
With the right mindset you can have it all. We often work tirelessly to bring our dreams to fruition. We set goals, make a plan and take action. It seems simple but the reality is if we don't have the right mindset we're actually working against ourselves. If you've been having a hard time getting what you want out of life you may be unconsciously manifesting all the wrong things. I've spent the past few years studying and implementing manifestation techniques and the Law of Attraction into my life. Let me start by saying, yeah it's a thing and yes, it works. I will not spend this article trying to convince you of this. So if you're a cynical non-believer this article (and this site) may not be for you unless of course, you're seeking change. If you're an openminded freethinker, keep reading.
In this article I'll give you some tips to help you manifest your wildest dreams and most ambitious goals. I'm not offering any magic bullet here. What you'll get is some insight to encourage introspection and examine your own mindset and thoughts. I also provide you with resources for you dive deeper into the topic on your own. Throughout the week I'll be discussing this same topic on social media with videos and other content. Be sure to join the discussion on my Instagram page @woodsonlegacy to follow along. This article will provide you with thought provoking questions and if you're ready to receive it a paradigm shift to get you well on your way to living your best life starting today! #ClaimIt
If you can see it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand. ~ Bob Proctor
Let's start with a few basic habits for a healthy mindset. If you want success and more importantly, fulfillment - if you are ready to walk into the life you truly desire - the following paradigm-shifting habits are non-negotiable.
1. Think positive. It's so important to be mindful of your thinking and even more important to focus on positive thoughts as our thoughts become things. If you focus on all the things you don't want that's what you give energy to. Remember energy flows where attention goes. By giving your attention to negativity and what you don't want you welcome more of it into your life.
2. Rephrase your words. Words are more than just letters; they’re like a hammer. They can be used to build others up or crush them to pieces. Furthermore, your words have an impact on what you welcome into your life so it’s important to speak life, light, and love into existence. Focus on what you want, what you like and love, what you desire, and all the wonderful things you seek to accomplish. Going back to a lesson we learned as children, we must remove “I can’t” from our vocabulary. Replace it with "I can" and "I will" then affirm with "I am!" Whenever you catch yourself phrasing your words with negative connotations correct yourself and speak life.
The tongue has no bones but it is strong enough to break a heart. ~ Proverbs 15:1
3. Control what you can. Life is full of unknown variables that are out of your control. But the one thing you can control is yourself. Now, this isn't a lesson about self-control. If you're reading this you've already gotten that life lesson. This is about learning to let live and let go. Focusing your energy on what you want and what you are grateful for rather than what you don't want, what you don't need, what's missing in your life and other negative thoughts is a game changer. Change your mind, change your life.
If you watch the news frequently you're at a greater risk of suffering from depression and an overall lower mood. Sometime you may feel low and can't figure out why. It could be because you are giving attention and thus your energy to things that make you feel powerless to say the least, things you have absolutely no control over, things that don't serve you. Control your thoughts my dear. Work on shifting your outlook. Focus on things that serve your highest good, things that bring light and fulfillment into your life. When you find something isn't for you, let it be okay and simply move on. If you aren't able to move on, adjust your mindset and behaviors. Change the way you engage with the situation. Control what you can and let the rest be. Que será, será.
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I'm changing myself. ~ Rumi
4. Be mindful of your environment. This one is HUGE! Our environment (much like our closest friends and romantic partners) can make or break us. It can help build you up or break you down. Sometimes we don't realize the impact our environment has on us. We just go with the motions, do what we gotta do, keep it pushing, etc. But after a while we no longer recognize ourselves or think about how much different we might be if our environment were to improve. Be sure your environment is conducive to your peace, productivity and overall wellness.
I personally thought about this all the time for many years. Since relocating recently, I'm much more productive. I'm in a safer environment which gives me peace of mind knowing my sons are also safe. I'm in a beautiful home that gets tons of natural sunlight which makes me so happy (and it's great for selfies)! By the way, statistically people who live in sunnier/warmer climates such as in the south of the US tend to be happier. On the contrary, those living in colder climates up north are more likely to experience SAD, seasonal affective disorder. In short, if you're not completely satisfied and lacking fulfillment reexamine your environment. Maybe it's time for new furniture, new lighting or just new sheets. But maybe it's time to move to a new home altogether. For me, it was a new home, in a new city, in a new state! Problem solved.
We can't dive into manifestation without discussing The Law of Attraction. Are you familiar? If not, it's simple. 1) Ask. 2) Believe. 3) Receive.
1. Ask for what you want. My mother is always reminding me to pray and ask for what I want, especially when I mention one of my many aspirations. There are no mind readers waiting to grant your wishes. Which also means you actually need to know what it is you want (and be careful what you wish for). So write down your thoughts and ideas as you go about life. There are no genies in a bottle either. Asking for what you want doesn't mean making lavish wishes and waiting for them to be granted. Spend time intentionally thinking about what it is you want and be clear about it. Then simply ask for it. Ask God. Ask the universe.
* TIP: Putting it in writing makes it real! Check out my baby cousin's experience below. She was so nervous about taking her nursing exam. She was burdened with self-doubt until she followed two simple steps I gave her - affirm your goal with an "I am" statement and write it down repeatedly.
2. Believe it will happen. Knowing there are no mind readers or magical genies granting wishes, I remind you to ask for things you will diligently work toward bringing to fruition. Because more importantly than asking for it you must believe you can have it. Believe it is already yours, firmly! You must be confident. Believe in yourself and you're halfway there.
3. Make room to receive it. If you're not prepared, what you want will pass you by or you'll lose it. Be ready for change, to receive what you've asked for. It starts in your mind. You must mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically make room for what you've asked for. #StayReady
* Exercise: I've created a manifestation playbook just for you! Yes, you reading this. I planned to do it weeks from now but decided to push my timeline to coincide with this blog post because reinforcing what you learn is so essential to your long-term success. I'm extremely excited as this is the first of many playbooks to come so be sure you subscribe to my Goal Digger's email list to stay in touch and you, my dear are staying informed. Check back later this evening for your free download of my Manifestation Playbook! It'll expand on what you've read here. I'll make an announcement on Instagram as soon as it's available.
Recommended Resources & Downloads
Your turn. Keep Good Going...
Now it's your turn. If you found the information in this article valuable be sure to share it with your friends and loved ones for you never know whom you may inspire with just one simple act of kindness.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. ~African Proverbs
About the Author
Lovisa Woodson II works as a Mindset & Fulfillment Coach, helping women achieve greater life satisfaction, professional success and financial independence. She is a proud mother and lover of humanity, always looking for ways to add value to the lives of others. Her mission is to live her best life so she may teach others to do the same. She encourages us all to seek fulfillment over happiness and to always seize opportunities to be a blessing to others.